Wednesday 15 May 2013

That trip to Jordan


Hey everyone! This is Ash. I wanna tell you a story about my trip to Jordan :)

Not going to lie, the most intimidating thing for me in Jordan was probably the buses. Who knew right!
I guess they're pretty intimidating in the rest of the world too... I always seem to end up sitting next to that guy who's talking to himself, picking his nose and wiping it off on his seat as I inch my way closer to the window... Not cool my nose picking friend... not cool.
But while I was in Jordan they grouped all the girls together on buses, so that they don't have to sit next to men (GENIUS! Right!? :) On one trip I sat in the back next to these two women who were staring at me a lot... it's kind of difficult to hide when you're shoulder to shoulder. I finally said hi to them and asked their names. All the women's names are so pretty, but I can't remember any of them for the life of me... I see lotssss of nicknames in my future!
We talked for a bit, they asked me so many questions about why I was in Jordan and they all thought it was so beautiful that I wanted to move there. Right before the bus ride ended, I could tell they were discussing with each other which one would ask me a certain question. They were really shy about it. Finally the woman closest to me leaned over and said "You're really pretty, what kind of lotion and moisturizer do you use?" The super duper tiny make-up savvy part of my brain went blank, I couldn't even think of a generic brand!

All this to say, besides my utter need to polish up on my girl talk, I really loved how easy it was to start talking with the ladies. Of course the bright blonde *I'M NOT FROM AROUND HERE* hair definitely helped.... but the stares were kind of invitations to start conversations. All the women I met were just so sweet and our talks were so nice. Even the women that didn't speak English were great and I had a blast bustin' out my old full body sign-language / crazy noises communicating skills... Haven't used those in a while. I honestly had so much fun every time I got to hang out with these ladies. It will be nice to go back and meet more and more women... and perfecting my "I have no idea what you're saying, but let's be friends!" sign-language gesture. Classic sign language!

I have more crazy stories to share, but I'll leave you with that one for now.
Ok... I'm kind of off my blogging wheel today, so we'll end this post with some pretty pictures we took:











Have a great day you monkeys, you!

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos! :)

    I'm so glad everyone is friendly and welcoming to you, and that you are managing to make friends even when you don't share a common language :)

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you :)